Thursday, September 10, 2009

Essie Loves Diamonds

Here is the (finally!!) Essie Loves Diamonds collection with Judith Ripka. These are just like the traditional essies we know and love but with a twist, they're infused with diamond dust! It gives each of these polishes a tiny bit on micro-pearly shimmer, neat! Check out swatches below and commentary by yours truly.

First we have the lovely sheer, soft baby pink with a hint of sparkle. This is three coats and as you can see, there is still nail visible through it. This color is meant to be worn sheer. The itty bitty sparkles are not visible in any or my swatches, so sorry, but trust me, it looks cool in this one!! I actually think this color is quite flattering and cute, love the tone in the shade!

Next up is Heart my JR Jewels, a deep mahogany brown with a tiny bit of sparkly diamond dust. This to me is a fall brown at its best! Totally great color that could work well on any fall occasion. I am surprised at how much I am loving this color, it's just so pretty!! This is two flawless coats.


Last is Queen of Hearts, a traditional like red. My swatch is a bit too orange toned to be completely accurate but here is two coats. I didn't like this as much as the others but seriously, it's just me. I just don't go gaga over red, sorry! There is nothing wrong with the color, just not my taste. If you want a fun twist on a classic though, Queen of Hearts is your bet.

Overall, I am always up for a fun twist on polish collections and from this one, I got two shades that I will sport A LOT! Application: BEAUTIFUL!! Flawless formula, to die for! The only thing I wish I could change is... more diamond dust! I wan't the whole world to see it, I just think that this theme is so cool! Overall Essie, pretty colors, rockin' formula, cool idea! I hope to see more fun things from Essie soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment