Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Essie Resort 2010 Collection

Hello everyone! Today I have some swatches for you all of the Essie Resort for Summer 2010 collection. It's full of four gorgeous cremes that totally scream out "summer here we come!" if you ask me. Now, to the pics! We'll talk formula after.


Turqoise and Caicos. The star of the collection in my book. This beautiful seafoam green creme has a slightly sheer and jelly like consistency. My swatch is three smooth coats. I love colors like this! It's kind of like Essie Greenport and China Glaze For Audrey but a greener, less creamy version. Simply stunning and very unique! This resembles like the typical "perfect tropical waters" color, which makes me go all googly-eyed. I cannot think of a single thing that I even remotely dislike about this color. It is a work of fabulous genius! :) BTW, sorry for the slightly funky looking swatch, this was so hard to capture accurately on camera!

Lapis of Luxury. This cornflower blue creme has a similar texture and consistency to Turquoise and Caicos. I absolutely adore this color too, actually it's my current pedi! Anyway, this color is absolutely fab and a very unique blue I might add. Wow, this collection even already is taking me over by storm, I love it!

Playa Del Platinum. This muted sandy creme is not very fitting with the rest of the colors we see in the collection. However, it does balance the fabulous colorful polishes out, and in a very good way at that! This color is a nice alternative to the traditional sheer pink or muted pale gray and it looks surprisingly lovely on nails. Color me amazed!
Splash of Grenadine. This light berry magenta creme is lovely indeed for a summer collection! This color is a bright-ish shade but not very overwhelming, which is a nice change from all of the blazing neons we have been seeing lately. A very pretty polish and I think that this will flatter any type of skin tone equally nicely!

These shades are extremely wearable as well and for the most part, I loved 'em! I have been wearing Turquoise and Caicos on my nails for about 4 days and I got tons of compliments, whether from my friends or random sales clerks when I went shopping! Anyway, needless to say that one was my favorite but closely followed by... well that's too hard to choose right now, I like 'em all! The formula on these was semi-sheer but fabulous. Super smooth and easy to apply, perfection in 3 coats. I like what Essie has been doing lately in terms of collections. The Spring collection was gorgeous and last summer's, and the north fork were no exception. Essie, I love your pinks and other signature colors, but when you go for fun shades like this, there's no way you'll get it wrong!! Bravo, resort collection, you are here to stay.

What do you all think of these colors? (They will be released in late April/early May)

2 comments:

  1. I so want the teal and the blue, they look so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie S- Those I think are my faves too! Such a gorgeous combo for summer!!

    ReplyDelete