Friday, August 7, 2009

Zoya Truth Collection For Fall 09

For Fall, Zoya hit us with two collections: Truth and Dare. Today I'm bringing you swatches of Truth, a combo of metallics and shimmers all on the warm side of the color palette. Check out the pics below and enjoy!

First is Anaka. This shade is a dark pink full of shimmer, a little darker than my picture. The shimmer is cool because it floats right beneath the surface of the polish and if that wasn't cool enough, it's flaky shimmer (which I love) in gold! This color is just fabulous! It's a great transition shade from summer to fall and a must-have in my opinion!! Scrangie has some great swatches that show the shimmer here.

Drew can be described as a rosy mauve shimmer. It's a muted color which makes it very Fall-esque to me, more so than Anaka. I liked more than I thought I would, once I put it on my nails. It's a very flattering shade to almost any skin tone.

Next is Isla, a shimmery deep red. This color looks a lot like China Glaze Short and Sassy (see here) in the sense that it looks lit from within. My camera did not really capture the beauty of this color -- the sun was setting, give me a break! Anyway, this color is beautiful and perfect for a Fall collection.

This gorgeous rosy warm coppery metallic is Kalmia. I really like this one. You know, when applying metallics, be sure to NOT use thick coats or else you will be stuck with, gasp, lots of brushstrokes! Just stick with normal coats on this color and you'll be brushstroke free!

This is Penny, a gold shimmering metallic. Zoya describes this color as a "copper gold metallic" but in my opinion, the gold WAY outshines the copper. Nonetheless, I like the brightness that this shade gives off whether gold or copper! (Remember to do thin coats, like on Kalmia, to avoid brush strokes!)

Last is Salma which is a super-warm red metallic shimmer. I expected this to be super close to Kalmia but I was pleasantly surprised when they were totally different. The textures of Kalmia and Salma are similar but Salma is much more red toned. This is a great and wearable fall shade which looks totally rad on nails!

The formula on these polishes, like all Zoya's, were perfect and flowed onto the nails like butter! These were all swatch-tastic and opaque in two coats. I personally ADORE the brush on Zoya polish because it's not flat, wide or moppy but not ultra skinny. It's the perfect size for all of my nails!

This collection overall is great, I like all the colors and can pull them off too! I love the variety in these shades, Zoya didn't just stick in one little niche, there's seriously something for everyone! My favorite may just have to be Anaka, I am a sucker for some cool shimmer. I don't have any complaints at all with colors, formula or otherwise. Fall is going to be a great nail season, I can tell, and Zoya has definitely done their part in that!!

To purchase these colors go to zoya.com

Coming soon: Zoya Dare!!

2 comments:

  1. I recently fell in love w/ Zoya polish. I'm waiting to receive 3 bottles & can't wait. Great post & love the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Park Avenue- I love Zoya too, what's not to like?! Thanks, glad you enjoyed the post!!

    ReplyDelete