Sunday, April 11, 2010

China Glaze Up, Up, and Away (3 colors)

Hello all! Today I have some super-cute polishes to show you from China Glaze's Up, Up, and Away collection! I really liked these colors, they are my fave 3 from the whole bunch, so here they are, without further ado. (Formula and other ramblings after)


Something Sweet. I wore this delicate mod baby pink in my "Day at the Beach" post recently. It's a stunning pink and very flattering too. It gives your nails that "perfect" look especially from afar without the time and hassle of doing a french mani. I love this little one!

Lemon Fizz. The name fits this shade of polish PERFECTLY! It's a pale lemon yellow color, like the typical pale yellow that one orients with Spring. I was very surprised at how bright this color was once it's on the nail! A bit more so than in the bottle!

Grape Pop. This blue purple creme is very much like the color of grape soda. I'm surprised that this was released in a spring collection, it looks a bit more summer/fall like to me but it does balance out the other pale cremes nicely, I'll admit!!

Onto formula... All of the polishes were two coats except for Lemon Fizz, which was three. There were no formula troubles on any except for Grape Pop. Okay, if you can't already tell from the swatch above, I had some major issues. It was super thick and runny and I had some serious pooling of polish at my cuticles. Major frown. For the most part though, all top notch!!

These colors are already available. What were your faves from the collection??

2 comments:

  1. My colors from this collection were thick as well, and I had the same issues with pooling...my favorite colors from this collection are "Peachy Keen" and "Light as air"..so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie- I hate that!! And I'll totally have to check out your favorite colors! Thanks for the suggestions! <3

    ReplyDelete